Admissions (Reviewed Summer 2021)
Admissions (procedures and consultations) Reviewed Summer 2021
New and In year Admissions - July 2021 updated
We manage our own in year admissions, if you would like to look around please contact the School Office. Please email any requests or completed in year admission paperwork to email@example.com.
We are unable to advise of wait lists as these can change daily and are dependent on school published criteria. Please be reassured however that all Reception applications will continue to be handled and places confirmed in consultation with the School.
If you would like to transfer your child after the school year has started, then please contact the school office on 01628 621600 to arrange a visit and to ask for an application pack.
All admissions are subject to set criteria, these criteria needs to be adhered to as part of the Admissions Code.
Children with a Statement of Special Educational Need or with an Education Health Care plan (EHCP) naming St. Luke’s CE School will always be offered places when the school has the capacity to offer effective provision. If there are fewer applications than places available, all children will be offered places. If there is greater demand for admission than there are places available, the following criteria will be applied in the order set out below:
- Looked-after children and children who were previously looked after but ceased to be so because, immediately after being looked after, they became subject to an adoption, child arrangements or special guardianship order, (see note 2 in Admission Arrangements)
- Families who have exceptional medical or social needs that make it essential that their child attends St. Luke’s CE School rather than any other.
- Children with a normal home address (see note 4) in the catchment area and with a sibling (see note 5) on the roll of the school at the time of application or whose parent has accepted an offer of a place at the school and who is expected still to be in attendance at the time of entry to the school.
- Children with a normal home address in the catchment area.
- Children of key workers who are employees at the school (eg. Teachers)
- Children with a normal home address outside the catchment area and with a sibling on the roll of the school at the time of application or whose parent has accepted an offer of a place at the school and who is expected still to be in attendance at the time of entry to the school.
- Other children.
At St. Luke's we accept 45 children into Reception and Years 1 and 2, this is in line with infant guidelines of no more than 30 children in a class
Our maximum Pupil Admission Number (PAN) is 315 pupils, this is made up of 45 pupils in Reception to Year 2 and 40 pupils in each year group from Years 3 to Years 6.
** Please see our approved Admissions for 2020-2021, 2021-2022 and 2022-23.