Science Week 2022
The theme for this year's Science Week was 'Growth'. This topic range from looking at the growth of people, plants and even slime! Over the week the children were able to experience a range of topics that allowed them to explore their scientific curiosity.
The week started with an incredible Silly Science assembly where the children learnt all about different scientific concepts such as air resistance, gravity and forces.
Over the week, children in Key Stage One visited the Planetarium in our school hall! It was an incredible way for the children to learn about the different planets in our solar system. There were lots of gasps! The children in Key Stage Two did not miss out! They had the opportunity to learn about adaptions and the growth of animals - an mobile animal experience was enjoyed by all!
Our MaGT Scientists in Year 5/6 also had the opportunity to visit a local school and take part in some seriously amazing science experiments - there were lots of bangs and pops!
Some investigations that children took part in were:
- Does it sink or float? (EYFS)
- Which brand of washing up liquid makes the best bubbled? (KS1)
- Which biscuit is the best to dunk? Why? (LKS2)
- Which washing powder removes the best tea stains? Why? (UKS2)
- What is the best way to keep the school insulated? (Whole School)